May 17, 2016
Hey guys!!! I’m alive! I’m even stitching! I’ve joined Stitch Maynia and the madness has moved to YouTube. Check out my first video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9cFZvmgSl8
I hope to be able to do weekly videos. We’ll see how well this plan works out.
In the spirit of Stitch Maynia, I have started the following projects so far:
1. Simple Joys by LHN
2. Little Mermaid by Scandinavian Stitches
3. One More Stitch by LHN
4. Miss Mary Mack by La D Da
I would like to stitch more. We’ll see!
April 14, 2016
And I even remembered how to get back into admin! Big fat lie: I saved a bunch of old emails and clicked the link from there.
Anyway, this is really me, Abi, servant to The Great Viking. I should blog again. Maybe. We’ll see.
August 5, 2012
It all started with this plant:
I got this Christmas Cactus way back in 2006, when we were still living in Buffalo. It has survived 3 moves since. I now have a second pot just from little bits I pulled off of this main plant.
This summer, I got this guy on sale at the supermarket. Can’t beat a price of 99 cents!
I got a couple more at Lowe’s, but I managed to over-water them and one of poor things did not survive. This one seems to be doing okay. He got all crazy in the living room and stretched to this current state. I think he’s much happier on the porch window sill than the fireplace mantle.
Another trip to Lowe’s led to this Elephant Ear:
And Ayame and Reeve picked out their own “alien plant”:
And on our most recent trip to Lowe’s, T gifted me with this:
Aren’t they gorgeous? :) I hope I don’t kill them! I’m trying very hard not to over-water. I have to remember that they’re drought tolerant and don’t need to be watered as much as the hostas or the hydrangeas.
Do you have indoor plants? What kind do you have?
I’ve decided to spend some time finishing off some cross stitch projects. First up is an ornament that I finished stitching in 2009. It has been sitting in a box since then. It is so nice to finally have it stuffed and displayed.
I also, finally finished what was supposed to be Ayame’s first Christmas ornament. I have no idea when the stitching for this was completed. The photos I have on my gallery were from December 2007, and the snowman still needed a hat. Anyway, here it is, finally finished into a flat ornament. I made the cord with white and 816 DMC. This was stitched over 2 on 40 ct linen.
July 10, 2012
I started this project back in 2005. I purchased the chart, fabric and floss after seeing MLI’s model at Golden Thread in Rochester, NY. The model was soooo beautiful. I made awesome progress in 2005, up until early 2006. Then it got put in the back burner. Maybe I brought it out once a year after that. I’d like to finish stitching CB this year. Maybe even full on finish it as a bell pull before the end of 2012. But don’t quote me on that.
January 2, 2011
I had TWO stitching finishes for 2010. I stitched up an ornie and I finished Coffin Buzz.
That’s pretty bad as far as stitching goes, BUT 2010 was a very busy year. We traveled, we packed up, we traveled again, we fixed up bits of the house, we moved, we cleaned the nastiest pool on earth, enjoyed the summer, enjoyed the fall and I made awesome progress on Autumn Wildlife.
The goal for 2011 is to finish Autumn Wildlife. Ideally, I’d like for all four of us to have stockings by Christmas 2011, but I know that’s not realistic at all. I don’t even have designs picked out for the kids yet. Finishing Wildlife would be awesome. I started it in 2004 and its long overdue for a happy dance.
June 16, 2010
These pics are slightly better. I went out on the deck, laid down a towel and put my project over it. I really need to improve on my needlework photography skills.
ETA: I am using 35 count undyed linen from Vikki Clayton and 1 strand regular (over 2) and 1 strand premium Purple Purple aka Old Maid of the Aubergine silk also from Vikki Clayton. I tried to get a good “view” of the weight difference in the silks with the close up shots. I hope you can see them!
June 14, 2010
I picked up this project again on Friday night. I think I made decent progress. I frogged out a couple of the smaller motifs that were originally done in 1 strand regular and re-stitched them with 1 strand premium. I really like the effect. I wish I could stitch faster! Sorry for the awful pictures. The sun seems to be on strike and even with the help of my OTT lamp, this is the best I could do.
June 9, 2010
I started with this:
And ended up with this:
The goal was to give it MORE life. The original photo looked so pale compared to what I saw that day.