October 7, 2008
I’ve been busy stitching! I recently finished 2 projects (one is even framed! *gasp!*) and I did a do-over on an ornament from 2006.
First off is Kanji. I found an image online and charted it using PC Stitch. I stitched it on 28 count white Charles Craft Monaco using 2 strands of Bright Red Vikki Clayton Silks, over 2.
I also decided that I would try lacing this project. Instead of pinning the project to make sure that the weave is completely straight, I pulled some threads from my fabric to mark my edge. Sorry, I didn’t take a picture of this step. The removed row of thread from the fabric created a straight line for me to follow, thus making lacing a bit easier, I think. I used white DMC Perle Cotton to lace the project.
This is a frame we picked out at AC Moore. I love how stark all the white is compared to the bright red silk.
The next happy dance is my Katamari Prince. I first saw this on Sprite Stitch. The original pattern is here. There is no color code, so I asked for help at the Sprite Stitch Board. I ended up tweaking the colors and this is the final result. I decided to use Smyrna crosses instead of regular cross stitch to increase the project size and to add texture. I really like the very pixilated effect of the Smyrnas.
And finally, my do-over project is Dragon Dreams’ 2006 Halloween freebie. The original version wasn’t bad, but the thick cord always bothered me. It was just way to thick. So after 2 years, it got a make over.