November 12, 2008
I’ve been lucky that most of the products we’ve purchased or received as gifts for the babies worked great. For the ones that we bought, reviews were extremely helpful. So this is my way of giving back.
The products are listed in no particular order.
1. Graco Playard - This is an okay product. It serves it purpose. There is enough space for a baby to crawl around in it plus the bugs on the sides keeps babies entertained. It is easy to set up and comes with a bag so its easy to pack and take it with you anywhere. The bad this about this product is the cushion/mattress is NOT WASHABLE. The cover is just polyester and that’s it! So the only thing protecting the foam from spilled water, milk or juice is a thin piece of polyester. NOT GOOD. Graco also makes fitted sheets but I don’t think they make one for the square playards. Either way, a thin piece of cotton will not protect the foam either. If the mattress had a vinyl cover like a crib mattress, or a removable and washable cover, then I would recommend this product. But since it doesn’t I say pass on this and get product #2 instead.
2. Super Yard XT - It is super roomy. The panels adjust. It works as a playard or as a super long gate. See action shots here and here. The best thing about it? If it gets dirty, take it outside and hose it down! Love it!
3. Nuby Sippy Cups and Sippy Cups with Handles and Wagi Sippy Cups - Ayame did not want to have anything to do with all the other sippy cups I got her, but she liked these. These are the perfect transition sippy cups. The spouts are soft and are easier for babies to handle. The only issue with them is that the spouts are soft. LOL. Soft means they will break. Ayame figured out how to poke her finger through the spouts. Broken spout means they are no longer spill proof. Nuby sells replacement spouts. Wagi does not. For for $3 for 2 cups, just buy a new cup!
4. Munchkin Soap Dispensing Bottle Brush - When my Avent Bottle Brush needed to be thrown out, I couldn’t find a suitable replacement for it. None of the stores near me sold the Avent brush so I got this and something that looked like this. Both products were awful. They just couldn’t clean the bottles. But the Munchkin SDBB works great! The bristles really get everywhere and the bottles and sippy cups are clean, clean, clean! Although I still need to use a separate nipple brush, I still love this product. The best part about it? There is a suction cup! The brush stands up. No more laying a wet brush on the counter or sink.
5. SwaddleMe Infant Wrap - Swaddling was a challenge for me. Getting un-swaddled was a breeze for the babies. Thank god we got this product. If you have a baby, go and buy this product right now! It is so easy to use. Just tuck the baby in and VELCRO away! No more un-swaddling in the middle of the night! Babies stay warm and the fabric is so soft!
6. Sleep Sack - When baby gets too big for the SwaddleMe, move on to this product. They can kick and flail as much as they like, but still remain warm and cozy!
7. Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier - I originally did not want to buy this product. Why spend freaking $80 when there is a similar one for $30? Trust me. Spend the freaking $80. This is the best baby carrier out there. I tried the other ones at the store and I even got a different brand as a present. The Bjorn is just a better product. There are no hard plastics that will scratch baby’s skin. The straps are wide and comfy. Everything is easily adjustable plus it is not complicated to use. Just one tug here or one tug there and you and your baby are both comfy. Best thing about it? ITS WASHABLE.
8. Boppy - Another product I originally didn’t want to get. I really didn’t think it would make a difference, but it does! It helps make breast feeding more comfy and baby can use it for tummy time and when he’s ready to try sitting, you can prop him up on it! Best thing about it? So many designs to choose from and ITS WASHABLE!
9. A + D Diaper Cream - I tried Desitin, Palmer’s and Burt’s Bees. They didn’t work. This product works great. If the diaper rash is really bad though, try product #10.
10. Lansinoh - This is a life saver. I had issues when I started breastfeeding. The boobies decided to go crazy on me. This product helped me heal faster. It makes the skin softer and no need to wash it off before baby feeds. Another use for this product? It heals the most awful diaper rash JUST LIKE THAT.
11. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Massage Cream for Stretchmarks - My stretchmarks ITCHED LIKE CRAZY. My belly was red from being stretched to its limits. This product worked wonders. It is really thick, but not overly greasy, plus it smells great. It was really soothing on the skin. I didn’t start using it until well after I got my stretchmarks so I have no idea if it actually works in preventing you from getting them in the first place.
12. Medela Pump In Style - I have no other pump to compare this too since it is the only one I’ve ever used. However, based on conversations with a few friends who purchased other brands, I think you get what you pay for. I can pump hands free with this and no chafing! I don’t know about you, but chafed boobies doesn’t sound good at all.
That’s all for today kiddies. See you next time!